Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘plesiosaur’

Phil is a dinosaur– a type of modern theropod.

NB: Phil does not look like this now,

NB: Phil does not look like this now. He is in eclipse plumage and looks positively manky.

You know what wasn’t a dinosaur?

A plesiosaur:

heinrich harder plesiosaur

Plesiosaurs were more closely related to modern lizards and snakes than to dinosaurs, but we popularly think of them as marine dinosaurs.

Phil is actually a small aquatic dinosaur,who can fly (short distances and not when he’s molting).

Ivan actually fits the bill a bit better:

IMG_9436

Somewhere a long the line people never learned that birds are living dinosaurs, and that all these bizarre expeditions to find living dinosaurs in remote parts of the world have been an utter waste of time.

Dinosaurs are all around us.

They crap on our cars.

They appear in our fast food.

And their songs wake us up in the morning.

If you have a dog that is used to hunt birds, you have a dinosaur hound.

And whether those bearded fellows from Louisiana want to admit it or not, they’ve spent their lives trying to understand how to attract and conserve several species of duck-billed dinosaur.

I don’t know why not knowing that birds are actually dinosaurs doesn’t just blow people away.

 

 

 

 

 

Read Full Post »

Source.

The person who posted this video is a creationist moron. The dodgy intro at the beginning of this film just adds to its craptastic nature.

If anyone thinks this is a plesiosaur, I hate to burst your bubble, but it’s a decomposing basking shark.

The proteins from this animal were analyzed, and it’s a basking shark. The whole carcass thrown back into the ocean, but its proteins were shown to haveĀ  96 percent chance of being a basking shark. Ergo, we can say that it’s a basking shark.

Kent Hovind, the great tax law expert and mother of all creatards, took this finding to mean that it was only 96 percent basking shark. The other 4 percent was something else– must be plesiosaur!

But it’s not a freaking plesiosaur!

It’s a basking shark.

Read Full Post »

%d bloggers like this: